Armidale parkrun is a FREE, weekly, timed 5km event open to runners and walkers of all standards.
To provide a free, weekly, timed 5km running/walking event to every community that wants one – thereby increasing participation in running, promoting a healthy lifestyle, and improving social cohesion in local communities.
• We want more people to be active, to walk, jog and run and to love running.
• We want more people to join clubs and to become part of the formal club structure.
• We want more people to enter other running events if that is the path they chose.
• We create community running events organised by local volunteers.
• We want there to be no barriers preventing someone from taking part in a parkrun.
University of New England,
Armidale NSW 2351
The University of New England respects and acknowledges that its people, programs and facilities are built on land, and surrounded by a sense of belonging, both ancient and contemporary, of the world’s oldest living culture. In doing so, UNE values and respects Indigenous knowledge systems as a vital part of the knowledge capital of Australia.