5 min Work Break | Session #4
Do you find yourself sitting for a large part of the day?
Why not give this 5min work break a whirl?
No equipment needed. Simply clear some space on the ground, yoga mat optional.
Reminder: take it slow & stay controlled.
1. Lower Back Stretch
- Lying on you back start by hugging one knee to your chest – 10sec hold
- Next pull the knee across the body, keeping the shoulders flat, and turn your head the opposite way – 10sec hold
- Repeat with the other leg
2. Superman W’s
- Lying on your front with your hands at shoulder level, so your arms make a ‘W’ shape.
- In one movement raise your arms & forehead off the ground and hold for 2sec. Relax & repeat x 10.
NOTE: your shoulder blades should move together & downwards – avoid hunching your shoulders.
3. Groiner Rotations
- Start in a push up plank. Step one knee to your elbow.
- Next lift and raise your arm to the sky by rotating through the spine.
- Hold for 2sec, reset and repeat on the alternate side. Do 5 reps each side.
NOTE: your eyes should follow your hand to enhance trunk rotation.
4. Single Leg Calf Raise
- Stand on one foot using a chair or wall for balance.
- Raise the heel as high as possible, pause & control back down.
- Complete 10-20 reps on each leg.
NOTE: you can do this with two legs at once if you prefer, but aim for more repetitions.
5. Reverse Lunge / Sumo Combo
- Step one leg behind the body and sink into a controlled lunge. Reset and repeat with the other leg.
- Reset and adjust your feet into a wide stance. Drop your hips into a controlled sumo squat.
- Repeat this sequence 5 times.
NOTE: your knees should stay in line with your toes during the lunge & squat movements.
Keeping active can be hard – especially at these times!
If you’re struggling to keep motivated check out the Wellness Hub it’s an online community full of motivation for all and a great place connect with link minded people.